Here are all the Billiard Gods pool book videos. Click on any image and you will view the video on YouTube.
Check the NEW intro video!!
Check out all the recent and older posts on the All the Posts page.
There are goodies on the Free Stuff page.
You are welcome to sign up for the Weekly Newsletter. Each week you'll get a single email about the posts. Saves time since you get a single summary of the week's posts.
Here is a 8 Ball sharking trick that is often used on beginning players. It is an easy way for the pool hustler to appear to give a very generous handicap. In reality, he is setting up easy wins for himself.
A fantastic handicap is offered. It begins like this. “I really only play pool for money – but you already know I’m a better shooter than you. How about I give you a handicap?” Continue reading
In the real world (the rest of the planet outside of the pool room), consider these examples.
- A girlfriend, with a simple smile and wistful, appealing little-girl look easily drags you through the mall, store by store, by your nose. She knows how to shark.
- Your sister's kid throws a temper tantrum when you say "No" – and you pretty much always give in. Hustled by a kid - tsk, tsk.
- Your Mom says, "People are starving in Africa." You reluctantly force the boiled cabbage down your throat. Tricked! (And don’t try the “Let’s send it to them.”) By the way, all Moms are master gamesmanship tricksters and child manipulators.
This is today's set of Cue Ball Cheats. These practice setups (and others in the book and blog) help you learn HOW to apply an exact speed and spin. That precision is how to get perfect shape on the second ball - and how to string a run together.
This is today's set of Cue Ball Cheats. These practice setups (and others in the book and blog) help you learn HOW to apply an exact speed and spin. That precision is how to get perfect shape on the second ball - and how to string a run together. For these layouts here are the Cheats for this post:
- Cheat: 11:00, Medium 2 speed.
6:00, Medium 3 speed.
- Cheat: Stun, Medium 1 speed.
This progressive exercise to improve your playing skills is in the book Drills & Exercises for Pool & Pocket Billiards.
Purpose: Runout all the balls on the table. Set a target marker to preselect the next CB location on pocketing the OB (piece of paper, coin, chalk, etc.) Continue reading