At it's most basic, the pool table is a small battlefield. An excerpt from "The Art of War" is provided with how it applies to the competition between opponents.
This segment is from:
Chapter 13 - Use of spies
Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes: (1) Local spies; (2) inward spies; (3) converted spies; (4) doomed spies; (5) surviving spies. ...
(If this is the first post you've seen, read the AWAP Introduction & instructions post.)
This information considers how battlefield strategies and tactics can be used to win more games. If this seems interesting, read these AWAP posts.
Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes: (1) Local spies; (2) inward spies; (3) converted spies; (4) doomed spies; (5) surviving spies.
When these five kinds of spy are all at work, none can discover the secret system. This is called “divine manipulation of the threads”. It is the sovereign’s most precious faculty.
- (1) Having local spies means employing the services of the inhabitants of a district.
- (2) Having inward spies, making use of officials of the enemy.
- (3) Having converted spies, getting hold of the enemy’s spies and using them for our own purposes.
- (4) Having doomed spies, doing certain things openly for purposes of deception, and allowing our own spies to know of them and report them to the enemy.
- (5) Surviving spies, finally, are those who bring back news from the enemy’s camp.
Hence it is that with none in the whole army are more intimate relations to be maintained than with spies. None should be more liberally rewarded. In no other business should greater secrecy be preserved.
There are multiple ways in which to gather information. Some resources are internet searches, blogs, social networks (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), videos on various video web sites, newsgroups, friends who might know other friends, local railbirds, etc. The broader your friendship reaches, the more resources you have for information about players, competitions, reputations, etc.
|Get the Book!! $9.00
PDF book (good for smart devices)
(Includes my Money-back Guarantee)
Books to Expand Pool Knowledge